Commonly known basics of Paganism
When you construct an Altar… Keep it regularly dusted and cleaned. Don’t fill your altar with too much stuff keep it serene and spacious like the mind of a meditating Buddhist. DON’T PUT UNCONSECRATED ITEMS ON YOUR ALTAR.
*steps onto soap box*
So here goes MY opinion.
My post wasn’t meant to offend either. It was meant as a digital reminder to myself. You putting your two cents on something that anyone able to crack open a book was very rude. And adding the “stands on soap box” made it worse. I’m taking down my original post for the reason.
There’s no need to remove your original post, I didn’t mean for my post to come across as rude. I usually put the “*steps onto soap box* when I know the post may be long or may ramble on. If it was meant for you, maybe a “Note to self:……” would have made it more clear. Please don’t take down your post, it could benefit someone. Sorry again if I offended as that wasn’t my intent.
Go outside at night and observe the moon. Let its silvery light wash over you. How do you feel standing in the moonlight, under the dark bowl of the sky? How is it different from how you feel in the daytime?
Follow the moon’s passage through the heavens, from new to full and back to new again. Pay attention to how you feel during the full moon and less vital during last three days before new moon.
The moon moves into a different sign of the zodiac approximately every two and a half days. You might notice that your moods and feelings change every time the moon passes through a different astrological sign - you may feel more impulsive when the moon is in Aries, more sensitive when it’s in Cancer.
Keep notes of what you experience, so you can refer back to them later. What you learn from strengthening your connection with the moon will be useful to you when you start casting spells and doing rituals.
Skye Alexander, ‘The Modern Guide to Witchcraft- Your Complete Guide to Witches, Covens & Spells’ (Avon,:Adams Media),2014: (53)
Rune for September 30th, 2014: Mannaz
Meaning: be aware of your attitude towards self and others, and that you allow yourself to see the Divine in each person and each opportunity. Great opportunity to receive aid awaits you.
Card of the day: September 30th, 2014
Hinderance: Fate has blocked a path from you, but know that it is for the best. We sometimes get so stuck in our own will that we refuse to acknowledge there’s a better way.
Card of the day: September 26th, 2014
Deck: Madame Endora’s Fortune Telling Carfs
Interpretation: Today will be a day that proves tempting and testing for you, don’t allow yourself to get caught into anything that does not benefit you, or that will pull you down.
you walk over to the chamber of secrets and whisper “i have a crush on my cousin”. the basilisk comes over to you and says “you totally misinterpreted the use of this chamber and also you’re pretty fuckin gross”
Tiny red treenoodle takes a drink.
I have never seen a snake drink before… this is weird..
They’re so cute!! I love watching my cornsnake drink; you can see her GULPING THE WATER DOWN.
Same with my snake. I’d never seen him drink before, until the other day. He put his head in the water, and I was like “is he bathing or what?” Then could see him gulping. So awesome.
The stonewall riots were started by trans women of colour and nobody is allowed to forget that
Marsha P Johnson and Sylvia Rivera didn’t march so that you could be transmisogynt and cissexist.
1. please be gentle. rough hands and smoldering words from a life of hardship have already worn her down more than you’ll ever fully understand.
2. please be patient. some days you will open your eyes to start the day, and you won’t even recognize that girl you’re waking up next to. but i promise she’s still there. give her some time, she’ll come back to you eventually.
3. please be kind. she’ll scream at you that she can’t do this, that you’re going to leave like everyone else. she’ll yell hurtful thoughts at random just to test you, just to see if you’ll stay. but do not recuperate these spiteful words. grab her by the hands, look her in the eyes, and tell her you love her.
4. please be spontaneous. wake her up at 2 am and take her to the ocean. lay a blanket on the sand, light some candles, turn on her favorite song, and look at the stars. she’s always been a hopeless romantic.
5. please love her. i know it’ll be hard, because she’s stubborn, and difficult, and on some days she’ll make you want to pull all of your hair out. but for every day that’s hard, i promise she’ll give you a months worth of days that’ll make it all worth it. so stay, because you’re being given an opportunity that i thought i would have forever.
my mom and dad were arguing in front of me whether to give me a present now or to wait til christmas and my mom was like “can we give her it now?” and my dad was like “what present” and my mom was like “you know… the good one” and my dad was like “spell it” and my mom goes “GREG, SHE’S 23”
i bet no saw that one coming